Last updated on November 12, 2015.
- Karabiner is subscription based software provided by Trineo Limited ("us", "we") and primarily accessed through the karabiner.io domain.
- What information we access about you
- When you use Karabiner, you enable us to access information about you and your business stored in Salesforce.com. We use this access to obtain
Some of that information may contain information about, or allow us to identify, individual Salesforce users, including their names, email addresses and other identifying details. It will also allow us to see what activities have been carried out in your Salesforce account by those individual users.
- information related to Salesforce metadata (“configuration”);
- information related to Salesforce test runs; and
- supporting information, such as Apex code, information about Salesforce users, and information your Salesforce environment (“org”).
- When you set up a Karabiner account, we may collect further personal information in addition to the information described above. This might include personal information like your name, address, other contact information.
- You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services or functionality.
- You can stop the collection of your information by deleting your account with Karabiner and by ceasing to use our services. However, we may retain information required for the purposes described above in accordance with New Zealand law.
- What we do with the information we collect
- We will use the information we collect to provide the Karabiner service and bill you.
- We will also use your information and may share such information with other entities (such as service providers) to:
- provide the Karabiner service;
- communicate with you in relation to Karabiner and any other services we provide from time to time;
- enforce compliance with our Terms;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments and subscriptions you make through Karabiner; and
- to co-operate with any government, industry or regulatory authorities.
- Storage and security of information
- You should be aware that information transmitted over the internet is inherently insecure. We will take all reasonable steps to securely store any personal information collected through Karabiner. This information may (for the avoidance of doubt) be transferred and stored on servers outside of New Zealand, including on servers operated by Amazon Web Services in the United States and/or or other cloud service providers we engage from time to time.
- Any information sent to Karabiner is passed through a secure server using encryption technology. All personal information stored by us is protected through secure passwords, user log-ons and other security procedures.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information we hold. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information.
- You can also play an important role in keeping your personal and business information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on Karabiner. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account by any other internet user or through any other breach of security.
- Retention of personal information
- We will only hold your personal information for as long as permitted by New Zealand law. You have the right under the Privacy Act 1993 to access and/or correct your personal information held by us. You can do this by contacting us using the details below.
- Contact us
Telephone: +64 3 377 4001
Post: Trineo Ltd, PO Box 20042, Christchurch 8543, New Zealand
- More information about privacy
- For more information about privacy issues in New Zealand and protecting your privacy, visit the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner's website: www.privacy.org.nz.